Monday, April 4, 2011

Better Movie Concepts: That's Better.

I've thought many times over the past 10 years how movie plots are just going down the drain as far as creativity is concerned.  I feel like every scriptwriter these days is busy either rewriting an old story or adapting a novel into a film.  It's so boring and dismal.  I've been thinking about that old dream I had when I was a little kid that I wanted to write movies when I was older, and I honestly still think I could do better than what's being put out right now.


I was reading in bed the other night and had the TV on mute in the background and looked up to see the trail for Water for Elephants.  Since the sound was off I couldn't tell what was being said, and I have to admit, the movie looked really captivating.  It reminded me of older movies like Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken and Moulin Rouge where screenplays were more dramatic and took you back in time to a new perspective from our world.  I later saw the trailer again but with the sound on and was highly disappointed about it being a typical chick flick story line about a girl in a relationship who falls in love with someone else and wants out.  Borringg.

No comments:

Post a Comment