Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Edible April Fool's Joke

I told you in the middle video from last post that I was going to do an April fool's joke and make cupcakes that look like food for my friends Brenda and Rich's birthdays, so I thought I'd post some of the pictures for ya and let you see what they turned out like!  They got rave reviews from both the restaurant I work at, as well as everyone at the party, so you could say I was kinda proud :)  I even got asked if I was a pastry chef, haha I wish.  I might look like one cause my backend is so big, however, no, no no, I am not a pastry chef. Thanks for the nod of confidence though :)  Here's a great tutorial on this super common joke.  Enjoy!

The Makings before the Made

Blank Canvases... Ah ha ha haaa!

The goodies!   Spaghetti and Meatballs, Mashed potatoes and gravy, peas and carrots 

Me with the cupcakes before I ate them all.  

Not really, I saved a few for the party :)

4 comments:

  1. You're beautiful, you bake, you seem to have a great sense of humor - you're wife material if ever I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanna tell that to the guys at my church?! ;) haha jk-ish

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guys at your church must be lame if they don't like pretty, smart, funny girls who bake. They can't ALL be that way, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I hope not, I'm gonna need one of 'em to step up at some point! :)

    ReplyDelete