Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Remember: That's Better.

I've been slowly making my way through the Book of Mormon, trying to read at least part of a chapter every night, and today I was in 1 Nephi 21.  It's pretty similar to Isaiah 49 in the Bible and there was one part I just loved, starting around v. 14.  The Lord acknowledges that the people of Zion feel they have been forsaken and forgotten.  I think that's a pretty common feeling among people sometimes, especially when they are in the depths of despair or enduring even daily trials.  It's often we forget that the Lord is with us whenever we ask, and most times when we don't.  I love the response He gives in v. 15-16:

"...I will not forget thee, O house of Israel.  Behold, I have engraven thee upon the palms of my hands."

How beautiful is that?  Not only did Christ suffer through the Atonement for each and every one of us, but He carries us with Him still, even in the safety of His hands, through the marks from the crucifixion.  I am so happy that I know that Jesus lives and loves us.  It really is so simple, yet so hard to believe for so many.  Moving to Boston has definitely given me an insight into a place where people ridicule religion and deem any participation in such as a folly of ignorance.  I see it differently.  I choose to believe that God lives and that Jesus died for us because He loves us and wants us to return to Him.  Call me crazy, call me dotty, but I choose HAPPINESS!  For me, this simple knowledge makes life meaningful; it resonates in my heart and it helps me see the world through a much more loving light than I believe I would otherwise.  I love the Lord and say this in His name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment