When I first moved to Boston one of the hardest things to leave behind was all of my old friends. It's rough starting from scratch in a city you don't know, but there are ways to do it! And hey, even if you're not in a city that's unfamiliar to you, but you'd like to meet other girls who are, check out this list and go make some new friends! :)
15 Ways to Expand Your Single Girl Network- Meeting New Girlfriends in a City as a Young Single Professional
- Say yes to every invitation! Go to everything you discover, even multiple events in 1 night
- Do things solo! This forces you to interact with someone new.
- Make the first move! Get over your fear of getting out of your bubble and say hi to someone! Most likely they’ll say hi back and boom! Convo started!
- Try new things and get out of doing just the familiar. Get in new surroundings to meet new people.
- Mingle mingle mingle!! Set a goal to converse w/ a least 3 new people at every outing and to exchange info w/ at least 1
- Put. the cell phone. DOWN! It is a security blanket, and makes you seem unapproachable. Put the phone away, sit up straight, and take in your surroundings like you don’t have a care in the world and you will appear more attractive, more confident, and more interesting. And much more easy to approach!
- Join a volunteer organization
- Join a sports league
- Join a meetup.com group
- Take a class (cake decorating: double bonus here...) or go sit next to someone new in class.
- Go meet your neighbors!
- Arrange a post work happy hour
- Utilize the 6 degrees of separation. Have a friend who knows a friend in your city? go grab a drink!
- Go to church
- Invite someone out to lunch!