Sunday, July 31, 2011

Get to Know Someone New!

As you've might have read around here before, finding happiness through health is where I've decided to focus my blog, and while I'm working on a lot of major structural changes to the setup of That's Better, I'm going to keep posting like usual until everything's up and ready to go.

...But in the mean time I'm SO GIDDY INSIDE!!!
It's so fun to think that today is the day I can start making my dream job become a reality and that anything I do today can bring me just that much closer to what I want to be doing in life: 
Inspiring people to be healthier in all areas of their lives, whether it's Mentally, Emotionally, Spiritually, Socially or Physically.   
I'm excited to share my passions and excitement with others, and my professional training, as well.  If big companies like Coke and Kellogs can utilize marketing strategies for negative health behaviors, then why shouldn't Public Health Professionals be able to use them for positive ones!?  

OK, I'll stop diverging from the original topic of this post, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm SO incredibly excited for where 'That's Better' is going and I hope that you are, too!  In the weeks to come I hope that you can catch the vision with me and commit to making your life a healthier one, as well.

But back to the title... :)

I've told you how much I just adore lunch dates with friends before, and since then I've kept the streak running with more and more of these events with amazing ladies from my networks.  Most recently, I had a chance to go to Mulan, a Taiwanese place, with Alane, and thought I'd just say again that lunch dates are such a great way to get to know someone new!!

And if you're lookin for a super simple and easy way to be happy, this is one that works!!  Don't believe me?  Give it a try :)  Ask someone you don't know that well, or someone you'd like to get to know better to go out to lunch, and see how it goes!  Chances are:

1.  They'll be flattered you asked.  (Most people are happy to be invited to do things with someone new, it means other people are interested in them.)
2. You'll get to try out a great new restaurant (usually of your choosing!)
3. You'll have a great time as you get to know someone new and develop your friendship!

Win-Win, hombres!!  So what are you waiting for? Go grab your calendar and text a friend you don't know that much about.  At the very least, it's a great networking opportunity and hey, they might even take a picture with you while making a monkey face with an orange :)

PS  Mulan is fantastic!!!  Highly recommend the Salt & Pepper Pork Chops!! :)  So good I forgot to put my fork down and take a picture!! 

3 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea!! Someone did that to me (me being the one getting texted) and I loved it! She and I are really close now :)

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable photos and good advice! I've been trying to go out to lunch with people I want to get to know better recently and I agree that it's a good idea

    -Erica
    http://ericasmolin.chloeandisabel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love what you're trying to accomplish with your blog. i, too, am completely committed to a life of healthy balance!

    great blog - i'm your newest follower
    cheers!
    cailen
    www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

    ps i'm thinking about going to the rendez-vous in boston this sept, too!

    ReplyDelete