Friday, August 5, 2011

'Me' Time

In the past few months since I've been on this self-evaluative journey I've realized that one thing that's crucial in order for me to keep my sanity is having time for myself to do some of the things I like.

Such as:
-enjoying the sunshine in the summertime
-being physically active
-reading new books that let me explore
-cooking/baking delicious bites for me to eat

Setting aside time so you can do the little things you enjoy in life is necessary.  It's easy get to the end of a week, a month, or a semester and look back and realize you haven't enjoyed it all that much because you've been too preoccupied with other things in life.  Those other things may be important, but the internal balance that comes from enjoying even the little nuances in your life which make you happy bring not only mental stability, but emotional stability as well.  

As I've said, one of my favorite things to do is be outside and enjoy the sunshine, especially during the summer.  I can't seem to get enough of the brilliant sun and love how it warms every inch of my skin.  

On pretty much any given week you can find me at the park or by the reservoir at least 3-4 times with my blanket, a book and some sunglasses, just enjoying the day.  

I love me time!
 I usually end up taking a ton of stuff and only have time to get to 1/2 of it!  

Except last time when I went, there was this awful satan duck that kept getting daringly closer and closer to me.  I kept having to stand up and show it that I was bigger than it in order to get it to run a few waddles away!  It was so awkward whenever people would walk by because I didn't want to seem like I was a crazy person trying to pick a fight with a duck, but seriously the thing wouldn't go away!  
Braveheart the Duck.

Aight homes, it's 10.30a, and early enough for me to go hit the gym and the park before I go see my new Brownstone in Brookline!!  I'm so excited to move back into the city again!  

OK, I'm going to get my 'me time', go get yours!  Deuces!

 PS What DO you do for your 'me' time?  I think it's so interesting to hear how others keep a good mental balance!



1 comment:

  1. I actually do spend my me time picking on ducks. Makes me feel like a big man.

    ReplyDelete