Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bucket Lists: That's Better.

I need things to do with my life. I'm getting EXTREMELY depressed with all this free time. So I've compiled a list of things I want to do.

First of all, I've been reading the book Eat, Pray, Love and when she mentioned figuring out what the three things that are most important to me in life are, I decided to do the same... to go on a similar journey of self-discovery and try and figure out who I am and what I want. Here are my three, all of which were fairly easy to decide upon:
1. Joy.
2. Family.
3. Accomplishment.

Now, to take that even further, I needed to figure out what they each mean and how to apply them to my life to make any sort of difference or impact. Family is obviously family, but I need to figure out what brings me joy and what things I want to accomplish in life so I feel like I haven't wasted my time for nothing.

So here begins a list of thing that I want to do in life that I think might bring me joy and accomplishment:
1. Learn another language. French or Italian, or maybe both.
2. Maybe go to law or medical school. Or both. Why not be awesome?
3. Go skydiving
4. Sail
5. Go Fly Fishing
6. Go deep sea fishing
7. Visit Auschwitz
8. Decorate my perfect house.
9. Go back to Africa and help out another orphanage.
10. Live international for as long as I want.
11. Write a movie script
12. Help someone get through the loss of their mother to cancer.
13. Eat Indian food in India.
14. Golf par on an entire course.
15. Get acupuncture
16. Make someone else wait for ME to respond for once.

And since most of these require money, and quite a bit of it, I've also decided to become rich, in case you were wondering. :) See you in India...

No comments:

Post a Comment